IMG’s Global Medical Insurance®
Individual & family – Global Medical Insurance – Long term coverage available for up to two years.
Global Medical Insurance (GMI) is a flexible, long-term, annually renewable, U.S.-style major medical insurance program designed for U.S. citizens living abroad, and non-U.S. citizens throughout the world.
GMI offers the flexibility to select from an assortment of four unique global medical insurance benefit plan options – Silver, Gold, Gold Plus, and Platinum – each with different levels of coverage. In addition, there are different areas of coverage available, optional riders, flexible underwriting methods, as well as multiple deductibles and modes of payment.
See more benefits and highlights below.
Highlights & FAQs
IMG’s Global Medical Insurance®
A long-term, annually renewable, comprehensive worldwide medical insurance program for:
- Coverage for individuals or families living or working abroad
- Contract employees living and working abroad
- Seniors with dual residencies six months or longer outside the U.S.
- Five plan options and additional optional coverages
- Choice of coverage area to reflect your geographical area of need
- Choice of length and flexible underwriting that fits your needs
- Emergency benefits by accredited on-site clinical staff
- Premium modes to schedule the frequency of payment that meets your needs
- Multiple deductible options to accommodate your financial resources
- Freedom to choose your own health care provider wherever your are in the world
- Cash incentive and to waive 50% of your deductible for choosing to receive treatment from some of the best medical facilities outside the U.S.
- Maximum limit options from $1,000,000 to $8,000,000
- Deductible options $100 to $25,000
- Pharmacy Coverage
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Access to international, multilingual customer service centers, claims administrators who process claims from all over the world, handling virtually every language and currency, and 24 hour access to highly qualified coordinators of emergency medical services and international treatment.
- Access to more than 17,000 providers through our International Provider AccessSM (IPA) when seeking treatment outside the U.S. You can also reduce your out-of-pocket costs when seeking treatment in the U.S. by locating providers through the independent Preferred Provider Organization.
To be eligible for trip cancellation reimbursement, you must cancel your trip due to one of the reasons covered in your policy.
It’s clear-cut. You will need to pay for covered expenses up front, then file a claim for to get reimbursed by IMG.
Claims are promptly processed in accordance with industry standards. However, when additional information is required to complete the Proof of Claim, processing will be delayed. When that happens, the insured will soon receive an Explanation of Benefits indicating what is needed for further consideration.
Many health plans have limitations on the types of treatment that will be covered while traveling abroad. So, if you need to visit a medical facility in another country, or be evacuated to another location that can better treat you, your health insurance may not cover it. Travel insurance can fill that gap—most travel insurance policies have the option of covering illnesses.