Multi Trip Travel Health Insurance for Traveling to Multiple Destinations Abroad
- 24/7 Phone, Web and Mobile Support.
- Medical, Evacuation, RX, AD&D.
- No hospital pre-certification penalty.
See more benefits andhighlights below.
Highlights & FAQs – Multi trip travel health insurance.
Health insurance for those traveling to multiple destinations outside the US
- Up to $250,000 for sickness and accidents.
- $500,000 medical evacuation benefit.
- Covers pre-existing conditions for medical services and medical evacuation.
- Unlimited trips in a 12 month period (70 days max. per trip)
- Requires a primary health plan; however, the primary plan does not need to be a Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield medical plan in order to be eligible.
- Home Country is the U.S.; and
- You must be under Age 85 and;
- Enrolled in a Primary Plan* and;
- For Children under age 6, must be enrolled with a parent and;
- Initial purchase must be made in home country prior to departing on trip
Family Members included in your Plan (if applicable) must be:
- Your spouse; civil union partner or domestic partner age 84 or younger, and/or your eligible child(ren) or other eligible dependent(s)—see Eligible Dependents.
- Resident(s) of the United States.
- Traveling outside the U.S. and scheduled to spend at least 24 hours away from his/her home.
*Primary Plan is a Group Health Benefit Plan, an individual health benefit plan or a governmental health plan designed to be the first payer of claims (such as Medicare) for an Insured Person prior to the responsibility of this Plan. Such plans must have coverage limits in excess of $50,000 per incident or per year to be considered a Primary Plan. PLEASE NOTE: Medicaid and V.A. health plans do not constitute primary health insurance because they are not defined as the first payer of medical claims. The primary plan does not need to be a Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield medical plan in order to be eligible.
At the time of enrollment, GeoBlue has a 6 month enrollment minimum. However, customers are not locked into a 6 month contract. GeoBlue understands that life plans change, therefore we allow our members to cancel any month they choose with no cancellation fees or penalties. All cancellation requests must come from the insured subscriber and be received by GeoBlue in writing via email, fax, or regular mail. GeoBlue does not refund premium for a partial month. Retroactive cancellations are not permitted.
GeoBlue’s Global Health and Safety services help members identify, access, and pay for quality healthcare all over the world. This includes a contracted community of elite providers in 180 countries. Members can access these carefully selected providers and arrange for the bills to be sent directly to GeoBlue. Please note, a member is responsible for their deductible at time of service, if applicable.
Direct billing can be requested by calling the assistance telephone number listed on your member ID card, or by emailing email@example.com.
A claims instruction page is available online and can be accessed by visiting the GeoBlue Voyager Claims page. Claim forms are downloadable from this section of the site.
Claims are promptly processed in accordance with industry standards. The GeoBlue Trekker plans are secondary insurance. However, GeoBlue will process and pay overseas claims as a primary payor and reserves the right, where applicable, to contact your primary insurance company to coordinate benefits.
Many health insurance policies have limitations on the types of treatment that will be covered while traveling abroad, so if you need to visit a medical facility in another country, or be evacuated to another location that can better treat you, your health insurance may not cover it. Travel insurance can fill that gap—most travel insurance policies have the option of covering illnesses.