Patriot Travel Medical Insurance®
Individual & family – Travel Medical Insurance – Short-term coverage available from five days up to two years.
Patriot Travel Medical Insurance is designed to meet the needs of international travelers looking for temporary medical insurance coverage while traveling outside of their home country. In addition to travel medical insurance benefits, the plan includes coverage for emergency medical and political evacuation, repatriation, and a choice of deductibles and plan maximums up to $2,000,000.
There are two plans available:
Patriot InternationalSM provides coverage for U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S
Patriot AmericaSM provides coverage for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country
See more benefits and highlights below.
Highlights & FAQs
IMG’s Patriot Travel Medical Insurance®
Short-term travel medical insurance for individuals and families.
Patriot International® provides coverage for people traveling outside their home country whose destination excludes the United States or its territories (limited coverage for brief returns to the United States or its territories).
Patriot America® provides coverage for people traveling outside their home country whose destination includes the United States or its territories.
- Short-term travel medical coverage
- Coverage for individuals and dependents
- Two plan designs – one for people traveling outside their home country whose destination excludes the U.S. and one for those whose destination includes the U.S.
- Maximum Limits Per Period of Coverage Options: $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, $1,000,000, $2,000,000 (Patriot International only)
- Deductible options 0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500
- No Coinsurance (0%) for treatment received outside the U.S.
- Within US – in the PPO Network – Company pays 90% of eligible expenses up to $5,000, then 100%. Out of the PPO Network – Company pays 80% of eligible expenses up to $5,000, then 100%
- Available in daily and monthly rates
- Renewable up to 24 months
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Access to international, multilingual customer service centers, claims administrators who process claims from all over the world, handling virtually every language and currency, and 24 hour access to highly qualified coordinators of emergency medical services and international treatment.
- Access to more than 17,000 providers through our International Provider AccessSM (IPA) when seeking treatment outside the U.S. You can also reduce your out-of-pocket costs when seeking treatment in the U.S. by locating providers through the independent Preferred Provider Organization.
To be eligible for trip cancellation reimbursement, you must cancel your trip due to one of the reasons covered in your policy. Depending on your choice of policy, qualified reasons could be limited to weather and family emergencies or illnesses, while others allow you to cancel your trip for any reason.
It’s clear-cut. You pay for covered expenses up front, then file a claim for to get reimbursed by the carrier.
Claims are promptly processed in accordance with industry standards. However, when additional information is required to complete the Proof of Claim, processing will be delayed. When that happens, the insured will soon receive an Explanation of Benefits indicating what is needed for further consideration.
Many health insurance policies have limitations on the types of treatment that will be covered while traveling abroad, so if you need to visit a medical facility in another country, or be evacuated to another location that can better treat you, your health insurance may not cover it. Travel insurance can fill that gap—most travel insurance policies have the option of covering illnesses.